Beroepsbeeld: waar werk je en wat doe je?Gain a comprehensive introduction to the GDPR and a practical understanding of the implications and legal requirements for organisations in this one-day GDPR Foundation training course. By attending and passing the course exam you will achieve the ISO 17024-Certificated EU GDPR Foundation (EU GDPR F) qualification.
OpleidingsinhoudThe EU GDPR Foundation training course outline
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides a single, harmonised data privacy law for the EU. It aims to prevent the loss of personal data by improving data security for all individuals living in EU member states. The GDPR came into force on 25 May 2018, and organisations that fail to comply face fines of up to 4% of annual turnover€20 million – whichever is greater.
The one-day Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation (GDPR) Training Course provides a comprehensive introduction to the EU GDPR, and a practical understanding of the implications and legal requirements for organisations of any size. The course is a stepping stone to the Certified EU GDPR Practitioner course.
What does the EU GDPR Foundation training course cover?
- Bands of penalties and range of awards for breaches
- Lawfulness of processing and consent
- The six data protection principles
- Special categories of personal data
- The rights of data subjects, including data access requests
- Controllers and processors
- Data protection by design
- Securing personal data
- Reporting data breaches
- How to perform a data protection impact assessment (DPIA)
- The role of the data protection officer (DPO)
- Transferring personal data outside the EU
- Certification against GDPR
- The powers of supervisory authorities
- Lead supervisory authorities
- The role of the European Data Protection Board (EDPB)
Toelatingseisen: wat heb je nodig?There are no pre-requisites for sitting this course.
KostenCourse materials, lunch and the exam are all included in this course.
BijzonderhedenThe course will give you a clear understanding of the main elements of the GDPR, with the ability to gain a deeper understanding by asking the trainer questions during the training.
The benefits of the EU GDPR Foundation training course
Delivered by an experienced data protection practitioner, this training session is built on the foundations of our extensive practical experience gained advising on compliance with data privacy laws and related information security standards, such as ISO 27001.