Beroepsbeeld: waar werk je en wat doe je?The 5-day CISMP Live Online course allows you to gain an internationally recognised BCS Foundation Certificate in Information Security Management Principles qualification.
CISMP covers a range of information security concepts, approaches and techniques. It is a globally established and internationally recognised Foundation-level qualification that demonstrates a good knowledge of information security management.
Accredited by the BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT, this course demonstrates your knowledge and understanding of information security principles and should be attended by anybody whose job has any information security elementsthose looking to move into a career in information security. Delivered by an experienced cyber security consultant, our five-day training course prepares you for the CISMP exam and enables you to put your new knowledge and skills to work instantly.
CISMP is acknowledged across the UK and is approved by the government in the Certified Professional (CCP) training scheme.
OpleidingsinhoudWhat does the CISMP Live Online Training Course cover?
Participants gain a solid understanding of risk management, technical controls, legal frameworks, physical security, international standards and business continuity. You will learn:
- Why information security is becoming increasingly important not only in the IT community but also in the business community at large;
- The threats and vulnerabilities that result in risks;
- The threats and vulnerabilities that apply specifically to IT systems;
- How an organisation must assess risks in terms of the impact on the organisation should the risk materialise;
- How to determine the most appropriate response to a risk and the activities required to effectively manage risks over time;
- How risk management should be implemented in an organisation;
- The controls that may be used to manage risks;
- The importance of appropriate training for all those involved with information;
- Threats from malware;
- The impact of those threats on networks and other communications systems;
- The different approaches to information security required when dealing with outsourcedother external facilities providers;
- The importance of effective information security in all networked environments where there is information storage, processingaccess being
- The importance of appropriate audit and review processes, of effective change control and of configuration management;
- The differences between open source and proprietary solutions, commercial off-the-shelf and bespoke systems, and certified and noncertified
- systems – and what they mean for security;
- The techniques involved in reducing security risks in the development of code;
- The environmental risks to information in terms of the need, for example, for appropriate power supplies, protection from natural risks (fire, flood,
- etc.), and in an organisation’s everyday operations;
- The differences between and the need for business continuity and disaster recovery;
- The important aspects of incident investigation and how forensic evidence may be preserved; and
- The basic concepts and uses of cryptography.
Toelatingseisen: wat heb je nodig?Although there are no formal entry requirements, we assume that all participants have some IT knowledge.
KostenWhat’s included in this course?
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- The BCS Information Security Management Principles textbook;
- The BCS Foundation Certificate in Information Security Management Principles exam; and
- A certificate of attendance.
BijzonderhedenCISMP Live Online exam
There is no extra charge for taking the exam. We will provide you with an exam voucher at the start of your course for you to take in your own time post-course. This is a two-hour multiple-choice online exam, consisting of 100 questions.
The exam is taken in your own time after the course via the BCS E-Professional Portal. Candidates need to achieve a minimum of 65% to pass, and 80% to gain a distinction.